April 2, 2012

Mr. Director & Misses Stylist.

With so much inspiration from Toffie Pop my head feels too full to actually do anything productive with said inspiration yet, so I decided for today to just go down memory lane a bit. While I was watching a clip from one of the speakers yesterday I suddenly remembered the one and only music video I ever styled on my own in New York. I don’t think the band still exists and even back then they weren’t really famous (I mean after all why would they have hired me – an assistant?), but for me it was it was the most exciting thing in the world. Obviously I had an immediate and big crush on the director Charles. I felt very grown-up-stylist to discuss clothing options for the band while I was batting my eyelashes at him just a little bit since I was still trying to play it cool. To no avail though. I don’t quite remember if his coke habits turned me off or if the whole thing just ended in general disaster, but I know it didn’t end well. Maybe that was the reason why they never sent me a copy of the video. Or maybe because the band actually never made it anywhere. Either way, I just found it online. Here you go, amuse yourself, think of me, tucking shirts and adjusting collars while trying to look sexy from behind for Mr. Director.

2 comments:

  1. Very very cool!!! I think they are pretty good and the lead singer is a hottie! And they are dressed perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, love! he was cute, but if i remember correctly he was your typical wanna be famous wanna be a rockstar kind of guy...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...